Name:
Location: York, United Kingdom

Friday, November 19, 2004

And So It Begins....

Hi and welcome to my brand new web journal, my previous website was called Eternal Fool (http://www.eternalfool.blogspot.com/)
I spent a good three years on that site and made many changes to the format, but I felt it was time to come to a close in march of this year as my life went through many changes and I needed a fresh start for myself and my website.
So in March I ended Eternal Fool with a very heart warming final entry.
Over the last few months I have been working part time on ideas for my new website that will express who I am now in 2004 and beyond, and I think I have finally cracked it.
So welcome to my world… hope you enjoy the ride.

Tuesday was the two year anniversary of my mum’s death, I was at home all day thinking about what I was going to write and thinking about past times which I normally do anyway, I am always thinking about the past, cant help it really. It’s in the Parkinson/Louis genetic make up to always dwell in the past.
Melanie and I really should try and get out of that circle!

It’s been a long road for me over the last two years, a lot of hardship and tears, but there has been a balance of happiness and laughter as well, which is what I needed.
Friendships have come and gone, a few friends have always stuck by me over the darker times, I think without that, I would have been lost to the dark side.
So a big thank you to all who have helped me, I don’t need to name any names, as you already know who you are.
Anyway, instead of staying at home tuesday night, getting drunk and playing with my dagger collection, I went over to Martin and Sarah’s house for a nice social night, which was good, took my mind of things anyway.

So what have I been up to since March then?
Ok, a quick update for you all –

I got myself a fulltime job at Moss Bros as a hire manager, I used to work for the company 10 years ago, and I hated it then, so why did I go back to again?
I thought things would change, but it did not.
The people there were alright and I did make a few close good friends but the job itself was shit, I was promised a lot of things by my manager but nothing came out of it.
Pay rises, support, and help from other managers was all promised, but nope, nadda, nothing. I really got stressed at the job, and I even got ill at one stage that I had to take two weeks off to recover, when I went back to work, I found that my job had been taken away from me, and I was reduced to a normal sales assistant but had the responsibility to run the office and deal with all the orders.
Did that for two more weeks until I quit the job. I had enough and I needed to get out, one good thing happened that week at Moss, Sophie and Tom left at the beginning of the week, and on the Saturday that I quit, so did Lloyd and Jamal.
Which was cool, a mini walkout that I was proud of.

During the time I was working at Moss, I got myself a girlfriend, her name was Donna, it was a real difficult relationship to start off with and it never got better.
She was going out with a friend of mine, but things never worked out between them, so she asked me out, and well, I could not say no to her.
I knew from the start that things would not work out between us as she had no interest in anything I do, or who I really was.
All she was into was getting drunk and spending my money.
But I hoped things would get better, I even ignored some of my friends who gave me their opinion about her.
I think I was after something she was not, so after two months of going out, I broke up with her, and she was not even that bothered by it.

After leaving Moss, I went back to Just Flowers as a florist, Debbie had left the company in April, so I still saw her on a regular basis, and we always spent my days off together doing lunch and chilling out.
She was the best boss I had ever worked for and a damn good best friend.
Currently she is planning on moving up north somewhere with her husband, which I really am going to miss her. She was the coolest!

I worked at the florist on a part time basis until Rebecca quit to go work for Starbucks, so I took over her job, and started working full time with Erin.
Things were alright at first between us, until the last couple of weeks of October as she was also planning on leaving the company as well.
One moment she was alright and really nice and then she suddenly turned into the bitch from hell, and started treating me like utter shit.
The only person that kept me sane in that job was Chaz (Charlie), a fantastic, funny and cool 15 yr old girl.
She only worked Saturdays, so I requested to work every Saturday, as Erin never liked her.
Chaz made me laugh, a lot, a total sweet girl, and a sweetheart.

After awhile I got so fed up with Erin, that I quit the only job I have ever loved to go work in an office as a temp.
Working at ACR transport was alright, but it was only a two week work contract, so at the moment I am out of work.
Later today and tomorrow I will be doing a lot of job hunting as I have rent to pay and debts to clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home